Monday, January 20, 2014

Created Equal by Mark Laita


Created Equal by Mark Laita

More information: click here

"In America, the chasm between rich and poor is growing, the clash between conservatives and liberals is strengthening, and even good and evil seem more polarized than ever before.  at the heart of this collection of portraits is my desire to remind us that we are all equal, until our environment, circumstances, or fate molded and weathered us into whom we have become. 

I photograph what I love about my country, which is the American.  By that I mean the individual who is shaped from more than 200 years of liberty and independence missed with all the successes and failures that America has experienced in its short life.  So here is a collection of these creatures.  Tragic and wonderful, great and ordinary, they stand proud and ready for scrutiny." - Mark Laita

No comments: