Friday, November 19, 2010


"IIIrd Batallion (1987)"

My father during the Drill Seargent years.  Sometimes I'd wake up two hours before my time, 4 a.m. and could hear him getting prepared for the regimented schedule planned ahead.  Strict, disciplined & always on time.  Some of my favorite gifts I recieved from my Dad were his watches.  I knew a few kids that grew up with aspirations to follow their father's into a military career.  Since as far back as I can remember, I was most influenced by my father's creativity.  When I first started writing, I'd try to copy his penmanship, sketches and signature.  On most LPs that he owned, he'd always sign a certain part of the record with his signature style.  One of those records, Thriller.  I've got a few people I regard as having been influential in my life, but it all started and continues with my father and mother. 

No comments: