Thursday, August 05, 2010

"Shining Stars"

I've been around records since my born day through my mother and father and been a collector on my own for almost a decade now. I dug for records more so when I was doing radio in between 2000 and 2008, but lately, I've had the chance to get away on a lunch break or annual leave to shuffle through crates, cardboard boxes and the shelves of Goodwills, the Salvation Army, Thrift Stores, garage/estate sales, and what's become one of my favorite stops, All That Music in EP, TX. It's where I found the Manhattans record above, the cover catching my eye with all the flying LPs. I'm not much about collecting for value or rarity and with a taste for various genres, its opened up the chance to collect just about anything wherever I go including LPS, .45s, cassettes, & used CDs. In my opinion there is no documentation like the soul of music. As a collector, listener & fan of many of these artist, the process never gets old. Walking into a store, flipping through the top lining of unique LP covers, stopping at that one record you've never seen before, studying the details of the cover, the credits, and your imagination running with the titles of songs, some you're familiar with, others you know you've never heard.

From time to time, I like to post album covers. Just cause.

No comments: