Friday, May 29, 2009


"Malcolm X & Bob Haggans"

"But I'm gonna tell you something. I learned an awful lot from this man. He changed my whole life. He changed my attitude about myself. He changed my attitude in relation to other Black people. He said the average Black man don't know what time it is, that's why he can't keep time, he don't know what time it is. He said the first thing you gotta do in the morning is find out what time it is. Then find out how the world is and your relationship to that world. What role do you play? Then you can understand how and who you are. If you don't know who you are, you can't do much." (p. 42)

*Excerpt from:
By Any Means Necessary; The Trials and Tribulations of the Making of Malcolm X
by Spike Lee

| Quote above is from Bob Haggans, Malcolm's "unofficial" photographer |

No comments: