Monday, September 04, 2006

Green Colour


"Green Colour"
(Click on image for video)

On August 6, 2006 I had the chance to revisit the Valle Grande. A place I hadn't seen since 1999. When I first came to this place I remember feeling calm, cool, mind caught up in the scene. A part of that feeling takes me back to K-town, Germany and the little bit that I remember while I was there. I remember the color green, the hills. Having been born and raised in the desert, being around so many trees in the Valle, and so much space where everything is green, no concrete, hardly any traffic, no noise, just space, is a picture I wanted to remember. I took several photos and figured out the video function on the digital-cam. I stood there for about 20 minutes and was about to leave when I decided to write something about the place. It will probably be a long time, years probably, till I'll return, so at 11 AM with the pen/pad, I started to put a peice together. I wanted to write with the silence, breeze and low noises that were coming from the trees behind me. But as soon as I started writing, a kid speeds up in his truck, looking like he was getting ready to off-road over the fence right into the Valle. He slammed his brakes, turned up Van Halen full blast, opened all the doors to his truck, and that was that. So I wrote this to Van Halen while attempting to concentrate on everything else I wanted to remember about the place.

"Jemez (Valley)"Green Colour

acres my imagination could only own
expanding day dreams on secluded earth,
micro-sized cows stare back, appearing close,
large hills are paved by shades in the sky
complete shadows from the dark clouds up above
that comb the trees like hair on a green skull.

the land is cut off, dyed green by imperial vision,
past living but a past thought, memory deceased.

hidden in the horizon
the land's a gaurded mansion now.

silenced by distance.

--brownhornet, © September 2006

REVISED*

No comments: